The University of Iowa Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development seeks a self-motivated professional to serve as IRB Application Assistant in the Human Subjects Office. This position will provide administrative assistance and expertise for the human subject’s protection programs and services administered by the Human Subjects Office (HSO); pre-screen IRB applications to provide initial review, assist with coordination of the activities and interactions with the Institutional Review Boards (IRB), other University committees and UI investigators.
- Perform HSO Staff review for all Hawk IRB applications (including HSRD forms, new projects, continuing reviews, modifications, closure notices, and reportable event forms as assigned) to ensure that federal and university requirements for application content and informed consent documents are met.
- Perform initial check for completeness of application materials
- Coordinate the process of releasing approval materials back to the investigator.
- Provide recommendations and assistance in the preliminary review for all Hawk IRB application materials to ensure that federal and university requirements for application content are met
- Perform initial review of studies meeting the Exempt category of review under the federal regulations.
- Serve as liaison to the public, faculty, the UI IRB, other University committees, and research staff concerning inquiries or complaints requiring interpretation of federal regulations and accreditation and IRB policies and procedures.
- Assist with the coordination of the lapsed and overdue Continuing Review applications by communicating with the PIs, maintaining records, and administratively closing projects.
- Communicate with investigators and HSO staff to ensure federal regulations for the continuing review of UI non-exempt studies are met, monitor lapse dates, track review process, and administratively close studies as required.
- Communicate with investigators and HSO staff to ensure federal regulations for the continuing review of UI non-exempt studies are met.
- Able to locate applicable IRB regulations.
- Contribute to the revision or development of office procedures.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties for the HSO/IRB.
- Serve as back-up as needed for other positions in the HSO.
- Process mass email requests.
- Develop and revise departmental informational materials for distribution to HSO staff.
To learn more about this position and apply please visit https://jobs.uiowa.edu/pands/view/65761