Summer 2022 IRB presentations will be virtual, by Zoom. Please register to receive the Zoom link.
Human Subjects Research Hot Topics & Updates – July 2022
Learn about new initiatives, HawkIRB enhancements (rolled out or in-production) and important information/reminders from the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and the UI Human Research Protection Program (HRPP). To supplement the information provided in the monthly IRB Connection Newsletter, the Human Subjects Office (HSO) offers these presentations at least three times a year to disseminate information in a timely manner and to be transparent about current projects and initiatives. Attendees will gain knowledge and resources necessary to design research projects, prepare thorough HawkIRB applications and effectively oversee the conduct of human subjects research.
- Principal Investigators (PIs)
- Faculty Advisors for student PIs
- Study Coordinators
- IRB Liaisons
- Departmental Research Administrators
- Others involved in human subjects research administration or oversight
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) for Select Compliance Monitoring Visits
- IRB ICON Course for Researchers - Tour and Content Outline
- Feedback Surveys - Exempt New Project forms, IRB-01 Full Board Review, and From Research Subjects
- International Research Educational Tool
- Research Data Policies - University of Iowa and National Institutes of Health
- DocuSign for Assurance Documents
- CT.gov Checklist - Coming Soon!
- ICTS/IRB Lecture Series - Topic Suggestions
|Tuesday, July 19, 2022
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM