- United States Department of Health & Human Services: Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) http://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/
- US HHS Office of Human Research Protections (OHRP) Decision chart to assist in determining whether a project is human subjects research. Chart 1: Is an Activity Research Involving Human Subjects?
- US HHS Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) Engagement of Institutions in Research
- United States Food and Drug Administration
- Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects (Common Rule)
- Guidance on Research Involving Coded Private Information or Biological Specimens
- The Belmont Report
- Pritchard, Ivor A. Searching for “Research Involving Human Subjects”: What is Examined? What is Exempt? What is Exasperating; IRB: Ethics and Human Research 23, no.3 (2001), 5-12
- University of Southern California: Office for the Protection of Research Subjects website
How to submit a Human Subject’s Research Determination form:
- University of Iowa: IRB Submission and Tracking Review System, HAWKIRB
Note: To access the Request for Human Subjects Determination application, you must login to HawkIRB and click the “Human Subjects Research Determination” tab located in the black and gold tool bar after log in.
WHOM TO CONTACT